Reboot/Restart Your VPS
If you want to restart your VPS server, you can do it via the Command line or SolusVM.
How to reboot/restart your VPS Server via SolusVM?
1. Login to your SolusVM Control Panel.
2. If you have multiple Cheap servers (or) VPS Servers, select the appropriate one.
3. Scroll down and you can see a “Reboot” option. Click it!
4. It will show a confirmation window. Click on “Yes”.
It can take a few seconds or minutes and when your VPS Server reboots, it will display a message, notifying you.
How to reboot/restart your VPS Server via Command Line?
The best method of rebooting your VPS Server is via the Command line because it will first stop all processes and then initiate the reboot.
1. Login to your SSH Client.
2. Enter the command “shutdown -r now” (without the quotes)
Once you execute the command, it may take some time and then your VPS Server will reboot. If your VPS Server does not come online after 5 to 10 minutes, we advise you to reboot your VPS Server from the SolusVM (the so-called force reboot).
You must Log in to post a comment or reply